Friday, May 20, 2011

Pre-departure

Hello All,

As many of you know I will be traveling to Tanzania in eastern Africa for the next month while participating in an internship and study abroad, as part of the coursework I am required to keep a journal of my experience and create a trip portfolio when I return. The instructors have encouraged us to use blogging as a way to journal and record our thoughts. Blogging is also a way for me to share my experience with my family and friends and make the separation easier on us all. My parent's are arriving in Phoenix tomorrow to help me prepare for the trip. My trip is an ASU sponsored faculty-led program in partnership with a service learning organization. The internship aspect of the trip is in community development and I will be working on several projects for various non-profits located in the Karagwe region of Tanzania. To help you all understand the who, what, where, and why of my trip I am posting the relevant information directly from the Amizade Volunteer handbook.


Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment